12. August 2019 Attracting, Retaining and Developing the Executive 4.0
The Executive 4.0
Attracting, Retaining and Developing the Executive 4.0
After developing and identifying the ideal candidate profile, two questions came to the forefront in regards to attracting and retaining the Executive 4.0. What are these individuals looking for in today’s employment market? Where should organizations focus their efforts to attract and retain the top managers in industry? To answer these questions, the Glasford International cooperative turned to the experts and conducted a survey aimed at measuring the perceptions of high-performing executives.
The 348 respondents, located in 30 countries around the world, were asked to rank 40 statements from good to bad, which related to attracting, retaining and developing the Executive 4.0. Guy Larivière, Chair of Glasford International’s Executive Committee and Partner of Glasford International Canada, expands on why obtaining this information is important: “In a talent-war environment, it’s crucial to know more about what it takes not only to recruit the best candidates but also, and most importantly, to keep them motivated and optimize their contribution to your company’s success.”
Glasford International Executive 4.0 presentation
Glasford presented the survey results in May 2019 in Warsaw at a conference organized by the Glasford International Cooperative and Jadwiga Kuczkowska, Managing Partner of Glasford International Poland, supported by her team. “This initiative reflects Glasford International Cooperative’s desire both to contribute to our client’s organizations and candidate’s successes and to help advance best practices for executive recruitment globally,” adds Guy Larivière.
After the Glasford’s presentation of the results, a panel comprised of three top polish executives, active in international organizations, further discussed them. These panelists were Magdalena Nizik, General Manager, Consolidated Precision Products, Maciej Mierzejewski, Senior HR Manager, Beckman Coulter, and Maciej Mikucki, Chief Financial Officer, Provident Polska.
The top 5
The survey results revealed the five most important factors to international Executive 4.0 individuals that simultaneously attracts attention and peaks motivation:
- Having opportunities to implement their own ideas and influence business development/company strategies.
- Being able to identify with the company’s mission, values and products/services.
- Working in a positive atmosphere.
- Having a compensation package that includes participation in the company’s profits and a stock options program.
- Having opportunities to develop their competencies.
Panel Discussion Executive 4.0
Based on the survey results, the Glasford International team has developed the following recommendations for organizations to attract and retain Executive 4.0 individuals:
- Allow these executives to implement their own ideas and contribute to developing company strategies.
- Provide programs to develop their competencies and increase their efficiency.
- Simplify processes and eliminate bureaucracy as much as possible.
- Promote transparency.
- Offer competitive remuneration and reward programs.
- Implement a policy for work/life balance.
To learn more about the results of this study and Glasford International’s services, contact us directly.
Author: Guy Larivière, Chair of Glasford International’s Executive Committee and Partner of Glasford International Canada
July 22, 2019